Project co-ordination, integration and dissemination of results
Project co-ordination, integration and dissemination of results are an integral part of all CAMP projects. The main objective of this activity is to secure a harmonised, timely and cost-effective implementation of the Project in accordance with the Agreement.
Actions to be implemented
- Establishment of the institutional structure and the Project Steering Committee;
- Preparation of the Technical Specifications and TORs for consultants;
- Organisation of the Inception Workshop;
- Actions for meeting prerequisites for implementation, evaluation, reporting;
- Provision of logistical assistance, financial procedures, supervision and verification of expenditures incurred;
- Securing flows of information and feedback related to data collected and other results of individual activities;
- Harmonisation and integration of activities;
- Proposing a revision of objectives, timetable, and the programme, if needed;
- Revision of drafts and clearance of the final outputs of individual activities;
- Dissemination of project results;
- Preparation of the final Project documents;
- Presentation of Project results;
- Proposal of the follow-up activities;
- Reporting on progress and preparing the Project Terminal Report.
- General co-ordination, established Project structure and institutional arrangements;
- Report of the Inception Workshop;
- Progress reports;
- Final Integrated Project Report, follow-up proposals, and Investment Portfolio;
- Report of the Presentation Conference, Conference documents;
- Project Terminal Report.
Responsible for implementation: PAP/RAC, National Project Co-ordinator, MFTER, Project Steering Committee.
Capacity building / Awareness raising
The capacity of national, sub-national and especially local institutions to implement SD and ICZM policies and undertake integrated planning and management is weak. The main objective is to increase capacities of different institutions to understand, apply and use different ICZM instruments for sustainable development through transfer of knowledge and training, as well as increased awareness of the importance of SD of coastal areas through organisation of Coast Day events.
Actions to be implemented
- A set of two-day training courses will be delivered (primarily for the public administration on national, sub-national and local level, expert institutions and other stakeholders) on the following topics:
- Integrated Coastal Zone Management (principles, tools, ICZM Protocol, EU requirements, good international and regional practice, ICZM/MSP, LSI);
- Information on coastal processes, monitoring system and indicators (MEDPOL methodology, ICZM Protocol and IMAP requirements on coastal zone indicators, biodiversity and pollution);
- Management of pollution incidents;
- Management of data flows;
- Setting up of the CAMP B&H website;
- Organisation of Mediterranean Coast Day event and other awareness-raising campaigns;
- Recommendations for further training / capacity development needs will be prepared (including topics and forms of training).
- Reports of the training courses and of the Mediterranean Coast Day event and other awareness raising campaigns;
- Training materials and recommendations on future individual capacity development needs.
Responsible for implementation: National Project Co-ordinator, PAP/RAC, MEDPOL, REMPEC, INFO/RAC, MOFTER, coastal municipality, monitoring institutions in B&H, University.
Spatial Data Infrastructure/Information system/Data management
In B&H, the environmental and spatial data information system for monitoring of state, pressures on the coastal (marine and terrestrial) environment and the effectiveness of implemented environmental protection measures, has not been established yet. The key objectives of this activity are to:
- to design and plan an Information System (IS) supported by an adequate and interoperable SDI, including the IMAP indicators related to land-sea interactions, as well as other land related relevant information/indicators. The information system will be useful to support integrated coastal zone management in the wider context of Maritime Spatial Planning and monitoring of environmental conditions, improving NEUM Municipality communication with those institutions that are in charge for environmental monitoring and assessment;
- to design a coastal database, based on GIS and IMAP indicators, and implement a basic CAMP’s information centre for collection, analysis, organisation, integration and dissemination of most relevant information for the project.
Actions to be implemented
- Analyse existing legislation with regard to monitoring and mapping, including the responsible institutions that conduct monitoring and should contribute to the development of a common information system;
- Analyse the existing IS processes and SDI status;
- Analyse data collection and data management plan, as well the data flow that will exist in the area;
- Define the priority list of indicators related to land-sea interactions, i.e. contents of the SDI;
- Propose and implement an adequate SDI that will enable in interoperable way to guarantee data and information sharing and data management cycle for the project;
- Propose the structure of a coastal database based on GIS and IMAP indicators and implement a basic CAMP’s information centre;
- Collect existing available most relevant data, information and processes derived, relevant to land-sea interactions;
- Prepare the concept and design for an SDI, as well as its implementation plan.
- Report on the state-of-the-art on current spatial data infrastructure (SDI), information system/data management and monitoring;
- Technical document with standards for data collection and their validation, and exchange in the framework of IS;
- A data server system and publicly accessible internet server – IS portal supported by SDI – will be set up as main access point for key stakeholders to the project. The IS platform will be a basis for further design and implementation of new databases on environmental monitoring and assessment.
Responsible for implementation: INFO/RAC, National Project Co-ordinator, national authorities, institutions responsible for monitoring and data management, relevant MAP components.