Coastal Area Management Programme (CAMP) is being implemented by the Mediterranean Action Plan (MAP) since 1989. By now, CAMP projects have been implemented in almost all Mediterranean countries. The main objective of the MAP CAMP is to offer assistance to the Mediterranean countries in solving urgent environmental problems, and to introduce the integrated coastal zone management (ICZM) as the basic tool to achieve sustainable development at the selected sites in their coastal regions. All MAP Components have been involved in the hitherto implementation of CAMP projects.
The objectives of CAMP are:
- to implement practical coastal management projects in selected Mediterranean coastal areas, applying ICZM as a major tool;
- to facilitate at the local level the implementation of the Barcelona Convention and ICZM Protocol in a particular country;
- to develop strategies and procedures for a sustainable development in project areas;
- to identify and apply the relevant methodologies and tools;
- to contribute to the capacity building at local, national and regional levels; and
- to secure a wider use in the region of the results achieved.
Find more about CAMP.